Episode 4, Interview with the Vampire - One Big Happy-Chaotic Family
With Claudia, it’s interesting how the dynamic of Lestat and Louis’s relationship creates a big change. They put their differences aside and just focus on taking care of this vicious-teen vampire. Louis takes on a motherly role. He’s more empathetic and caring towards Claudia. He can also read her mind. Which creates a jealousy from Lestat (sulking in the corner) because he can’t read either of their minds. It’s no different from the book, Claudia and Louis have a closer bond than her with Lestat. Also, book Louis does not have the Mind Gift. I guess that the show wants to create a more personal connection with Claudia and Louis.
It’s surprising to see that Lestat being so cruel. He wasn’t that cruel to Claudia in the book. Other than not telling her about the whole truth on being a vampire: her body will never change. But in this episode is told from Claudia’s perspective and Lestat is a tough-love father figure. Lestat teaches her to face the consequences of her actions: clean up your mess! Claudia accidentally killed her first boyfriend and Lestat forces her to watch her boyfriend’s body get burned up in the incinerator. Geezus!Lestat has gone through a lot of trauma and heartbreaks in the past. He has had relationship with humans before, but they never end up happily-ever-after. I think that Lestat wants to rip the bandage off quickly with Claudia. Being a vampire has a price and having relationships with mortals/humans can never work out. Louis had to learn the hard way and he realizes, it’s time to break ties with his human family. However, when Lestat is in a good mood, he can be the fun uncle who teaches Claudia how to drive a car, go coffin-shopping, throw a birthday party and shows her how to become a killing machine, like himself.
Lestat has gone through a lot of trauma and heartbreaks in the past. He has had relationship with humans before, but they never end up happily-ever-after. I think that Lestat wants to rip the bandage off quickly with Claudia. Being a vampire has a price and having relationships with mortals/humans can never work out. Louis had to learn the hard way and he realizes, it’s time to break ties with his human family. However, when Lestat is in a good mood, he can be the fun uncle who teaches Claudia how to drive a car, go coffin-shopping, throw a birthday party and shows her how to become a killing machine, like himself.
Instead of Claudia being a child, she’s a teenage vampire but her purpose is the same as the books. Her body won’t change and she will never experience normal woman hood, like having children. As time passes, she mentally grows to maturity and wants to do adult things, like going out with boys, sex, and fitting into society. I do feel sorry for her because being stuck in a child/teen’s body for the rest of her life, that’s a living hell. She won’t be taken seriously by the people who thinks she’s too young.
After Claudia’s trauma of killing her boyfriend, she realizes that she’s stuck in her ageless body. She didn’t have a choice to live as a vampire and being raised by two vampire guardians who makes bad decisions. She has a mental breakdown and almost suicidal. As she sticks her arm into the sun, just to feel something and be in control of her choices. (I never understood why Lestat has a sunroof. I thought vampires are supposed to avoid sunlight. I guess it’s for the purpose of Claudia).
I thought this episode is so much better than episode 3. It’s a nice change of pace as we get Claudia’s perspective on what’s it’s like living with two gay vampires (Daddy Lou and Uncle Les) 🤣. Its comedic and chaotic at the same time. This episode is very campy and it looks like a sitcom. I actually don’t mind some dark humor added in the show. As long as, it has a good balance of humor and a dark-gothic soapy drama, I’m fine with it.
It looks like things will be taking a dark turn in Episode 5. We are already mid-way through the season, 4 of 7 episodes. For AMC+ subscribers, you can see it a week earlier. But I am watching it on cable, so I will be one episode behind.
Easter eggs and more questions/theoriesI’ve heard discussions from fans about Rashid might be a vampire. He doesn’t go out in the daylight and he wears gloves. But I doubt that because he doesn’t have the crazy vampire eyes 👁️ 👁️. I do agree that there is something odd about him.
Rashid have given Daniel access to read Claudia’s diaries. Is this the Talamasca headquarters? The Order of the Talamasca is a secret society of paranormal researchers who observe and gather data on supernatural phenomenons. The Order does have Claudia’s diary and Marius’s paintings in their archives.
Is Rashid a Talamasca member? If so, that might explain why he wears the gloves. All of the Talamasca members have psychic abilities. Like, to touch objects and see its’ history, that could be the reason why he’s protecting his hands.
In Claudia’s diary entry, it’s confirmed that they will be going to Paris or traveling to other European countries. Maybe, it’s setting up for the second season.






Comments
Post a Comment