Blog Update: No, I won't be blogging again...
...I just wanted to quickly pop in and give an update to what's going on, while I'm doing some small maintenance to my blog. To put it simply: I've moved all of my WordPress blogging content that I've created from 2022 to 2024 onto here.
I've decided to delete my WordPress (WP) blog, nostalgiadessert2.wordpress.com (I will unlink it when I am ready), because I have officially retired from blogging. There's no need for me to stay there anymore. I've decided to move all of my content from my WP blog back to my original blog. It's just easier this way and I'd like to keep all of my blogging stuff in one place. This blog will become archival, kind of like an old photo album to look back on my journey as a blogger.
I've already explained in the past why I moved to WP. I have no regrets on canceling my WP blog. I had zero views and zero subscribers on there, so it wasn't a huge sacrifice to make this decision. Moving to a newer blogging platform didn't make any difference nor it enhanced my blogging experience. I felt like I was stuck in the same limbo as I was on my old blog. But I really enjoyed the customization on WP and it has A LOT more choices on how you want your blog to look. Also, WP keeps up with their communication to their own blogging community. Wow! I wish Blogger was like this!
It's funny that out of all the posts I've written on my WP site, the most Likes/Views (some of them might be bots) that I've received was on the "Is Google's Blogger Dead or Alive" post. It's nice to see that I am not alone on worrying over Google's silence on their management of Blogger.
As I log back in, nothing really has changed. It's still the same-old boring Blogger that I remembered. And, I hope that it keeps on surviving for many years to come, no matter how much the internet culture changes.



Comments
Post a Comment