Episode 6, Interview with the Vampire - It’s Time For a Divorce
It’s the calm before the storm…
I do like Claudia more in episode 6 because she’s less of a bratty-teenager and more acting like her own age. She has her shit together and taking on responsibilities like taking care of her family, mostly Louis. The roles are reverse, she’s now helping Louis recover from his injuries after being attacked by Lestat. She’s also guarding him because Lestat keeps showing up (they kicked him out) and giving Louis apology gifts. This a classic abuser behavior where they're like: “oh, I’ve changed." Of course, Claudia is not buying it. The hilarious part is where Lestat wants to hear Louis’s response and Louis just throws his coffin out the window. 🤣💀 Well, there’s your response.
Going back to ep 5, I wished that Claudia’s sexual assault was handled with care. More over, I wished they’d picked a different circumstances where she experience a big change. I understand that the creators want her to grow up fast. But vampire on vampire sexual assault never happens in the books, so it doesn’t make any sense to include this. Seriously, the creative writers can’t even come up with better alternatives than this?
However, vampire to human assault does happen. For example, Lestat shares his story on how he was turned and reveals his maker is Mangus. He was kidnapped and imprisoned by him in a cell with other corpses that looks like him. Magnus has a obsession with guys who has blond hair and blue eyes. He chose Lestat, gave him the Dark Gift, his fortune and leapt into fire. Leaving Lestat all alone to navigate his immortal life. It explains the way Lestat is, fear of being alone, abandonment and finding companionship to give him a purpose.
Louis does take Lestat back (3 years later) after listening to Lestat's mix tape or music record: “Come to Me” by Lestat, feat. Antoinette, the women he’s having an affair with. (Oh, the nerve of him!) Louis believes that he’s changed and coming up with excuses for Lestat's behavior. Antoinette (Maura Grace) is gender swapped with Antoine, from the book.
Louis and Claudia makes a deal with Lestat, he can join them again if he gets rid of Antoinette. He shows Antoinette’s severed finger as proof that he killed her. This is a common TV trope, if you don’t see the body, it’s most likely they are still alive. Off coarse, Antoinette is still alive! Lestat is the father of lies as Claudia puts it.
Claudia and Lestat’s relationship has already soured. She knows he lied about Antoinette and plays mind games with him to get under his skin. It’s like they are playing a war game of who gets to control the household and control Louis. While Louis is dragged into this and he has no idea what to do.
Claudia, once again, encourages Louis to come with her to travel the world to find other vampires. Louis wants to stay and says that Claudia doesn’t need him anymore. She’s a big girl now, she can take care of herself. Uhhh? Did he already forgotten that Claudia is still vulnerable and can’t defend herself against stronger vampires? He gives her his blessing to leave and she hops on a train out of New Orleans. However, her trip gets cut short by Lestat, he won’t let her leave because it’s for the sake of Louis’s happiness.
Claudia is done with Lestat. After, he lied, abused Louis, manipulated them, and trapped them in a loveless marriage/family again. Lestat is an obstacle that’s getting in the way of their freedom. She’s upset that Louis won’t do anything about it. So, she’s going take matters in her own hands to plan the perfect murder.The two actors who stand out for me are Sam Reid and Bailey Bass. Sam does a great job of being Lestat being a chaotic-asshole. He captures that perfectly, he’s just so fun to watch. Bailey is starting to grow on me, I think she’s awesome as Claudia.
One thing that makes me happy is seeing a flashback from the 70’s of a young Daniel Molloy. His first meeting with Louis at a bar and planning the first interview. And guess who shows up with Louis…it’s Rashid! I think this confirms that he is a vampire because he hasn’t aged. I'm confused why old Daniel doesn't recognize Rashid in 2022. I have questions!? There are many theories as to who Rashid really is and I think I might of accidentally seen some spoilers online.I should stay away from online communities for this week. AMC+ have already released the finale episode. I will have to wait patiently to see it on TV next Sunday. I hope that some of the spoilers or rumors I’ve seen are not true because this will drive me crazy with more concerns/questions. (I am so looking forward to the finale because I really need a break from writing weekly post).






Comments
Post a Comment