Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows (Part 2) - Final Thoughts



It really sucks that there won't be anymore new Harry Potter movies coming out. But at the same time, I am glad that it is over because its been nearly over 10 years since the first movie came out and now, its time to end it all.

The Deathly Hallows part 2 begins where the part 1 movie has left off where Harry and his friends continue to search and destroy all the remaining horcurxes which are objects in which Voldmort implanted part of his soul in. That's how he is immortal. One of these horcruxes is hidden in Hogwarts which leads the trio to return to school and joining in on the battle of Hogwarts. And in the end, Harry's final confrontation with Voldmort.

Overall, I thought the movie was okay. Mainly because I already read the seventh book, so watching this movie as the plot unfolded wasn't really that surprising to me, since I already know what's going to happen. Although, I thought that the ending was a little anti-climatic. It just doesn't feel emotionally satisfying ending. Unlike the seventh book, it had more of a complete ending. In the film, there was no standing ovation, rejoicing or a reflection over the people who sacrificed themselves for Harry. The movie also has an epilogue at the end, but it still doesn't make up for the anti-climate ending.

However, Harry is not the only one that gets a moment to shine onscreen. But also the supporting characters gets their heroic moments as well. Such as Professor Mcgonagalll, Molly Weasley, and Nevill Longbottom, and Snape. I was especially looking forward to Snape's memory scene, I think it's one of my favorite moments in the book and in the film. At first, I hated that character as much as Harry did. But after learning about Snape's backstory, it completely changed my perspective of him. I think that the film did a good job with that scene.

Anyway, I still enjoyed the movie despite the anti-climatic ending. The epic battle of Hogwarts and Harry vs Voldmort were exciting too watch and had me over the edge of my seat, even though I already know who wins. The special effects has definitely improved over the years and it showed in this film. Daniel, Emma, and Rupert, were fantastic in portraying their characters. In the final film, I can tell that they really grew into their roles and become their characters. And, I can say the same thing to the other supporting actors/actresses.

There were some things in the film that they changed, and didn't include some of the events/information from the book. But I really don't want start nit picking the minor details. I personally didn't mind the changes, since I already forgotten most of details from the book. Except for the fact, they should of used the book's ending instead, then it would have been a more satisfying conclusion for the film.

I remember when I first read the Harry Potter books, I was about Harry's age when he first found out that he was a wizard and entered the Hogwarts school. So, I did grew up with Harry as I read the novels and watched the movies. When I heard that Warner Bros was going to make a movie of this series, I think my addiction for the Harry Potter franchise has sky rocketed across my universe. But I'd like to thank J.K Rowling for creating such a magical adventure series that I will never forget.

Comments